INTERDISTRICT PERMIT INFORMATION
August 28, 2018 UPDATE
CCUSD is at capacity in all grades and all schools. If a space becomes available on or before September 9, 2018, Interdistrict permit applicants will be contacted. If no space becomes available, a letter of denial with further instructions will be emailed on or before September 9.
El Distrito Unificado de Culver City está a su capacidad en todos los grados y todas las escuelas. Si hay un espacio disponible el 9 de septiembre del 2018 o antes, la oficina de permisos le hablará para ofrecerle una plaza. Si no hay un espacio disponible para su estudiante, se enviará una carta de negación con instrucciones el 9 de septiembre o antes.
Interdistrict Transfer Applications
CCUSD has received 295 completed transfer applications, to date, for 2018-2019.
CCUSD offered 21 spaces in the Spanish Dual Language Program to permit applicants who scored 70 and above on the Spanish language proficiency assessment; all but one accepted the offer, received their permit, and enrolled. Since no space is available in the Dual Language Programs at El Marino and La Ballona for permit students (except those who passed the Spanish Proficiency Exam), a Wait List was not established.
This year, CCUSD has only offered 20 additional kindergarten permits due to much higher than anticipated enrollment. The District is reserving the five spaces in Kindergarten and four in transitional kindergarten until September 9 since new Culver City residents are still enrolling their children.
Interdistrict Permit Application Timelines and Procedures
(non-residents of Culver City)
On March 1 or after, you will be able to click here to apply for a permit.
Permit Information for 2018-2019 is posted below.
- An "INCOMING" permit is made available for students who live outside CCUSD and wish to attend school in CCUSD, beginning with the 2018-2019 school year. For a decision before school begins, CCUSD will accept new applications March 1, 2018 through July 31, 2018. Applicants who submit an application after July 31, 2018 should not expect to receive an approval or denial until after school has started and space availability, if any, has been determined.
- An "OUTGOING" permit is made available for K-12 students who live within CCUSD and wish to attend school outside CCUSD. CCUSD will begin to accept new applications March 1, 2018.
- NEW students/Permit applicants in Los Angeles County must first apply to their District of Residency and receive an Interdistrict Transfer Permit before they apply to the requested District of Attendance--unless they are applying to a Dual Language Program. Dual Language Applicants must receive an "offer" before their District of Residence will process their permit application request for a "Specialized Program" permit. Check the website of your district of residence for their application timelines. We expect LAUSD will issue permits February 1 through April 30, 2018. CCUSD will begin issuing OUTGOING permits March 1, 2018.
- Once a student has received an Interdistrict Transfer Permit (via mail/e-mail) from the District of Residence, email the permit to the CCUSD Permit Office along with the application and required documentation. CCUSD will approve or deny the request according to the decision dates published below. (CCUSD accepts permit applications beginning March 1st. Applicants who submit a permit request after July 31st may not receive an approval or denial until two weeks after school has started in CCUSD.)
- For enrollment decision dates, please see the attached file—"CCUSD Application Windows and Decision Dates for 2018-2019."
STEPS TO OBTAIN AN INTERDISTRICT PERMIT
- Gather required documentation listed in the “Reasons for Request” (page 2 of the Interdistrict Transfer Application).
- If your District of Residence is still accepting Interdistrict Transfer Applications (i.e. the LAUSD application window closes 4/30/18):
- Complete and submit an “Interdistrict Transfer Application for School Districts in the Los Angeles County” to your District of Residence. Include all required documents.
- Wait for a response from your District of Residence.
If your application is denied by the District of Residence or the District of requested Attendance, you have the right to appeal the decision. Click here to watch a video on the appeal process posted on the website of the Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE).
Si su Solicitud de Permiso Interdistrital es negado por el Distrito de su Residencia o el Distrito de Asistencia requerido, usted tiene el derecho de apelar esta decisión. Haga click aquí para ver un video sobre el proceso de apelación publicado en el sitio de web de la Oficina de Educación del Condado de Los Ángeles.
Interdistrict Permit Workshops, conducted by Drew Sotelo, Director of School and Family Support Services, will cover:
1. Steps to obtain an Interdistrict Permit in Los Angeles County
2. District of Residence Appeal process
3. District of (Requested) Attendance Appeal process
4. Appeal Process to the Los Angeles County Office of Education
Upcoming Permit Workshops:
- Friday, February 2, 2018
- Monday, February 26, 2018
- Thursday, March 8, 2018
- Friday, April 13, 2018
- Friday, April 27, 2018 Workshop in Spanish, from 9:00 a.m. (for those offered space in a CCUSD Spanish Dual Language Program).
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (Permit Workshops)
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (Permit Appeal Process)
- CCUSD Board Room, 4034 Irving Place, Culver City, CA 90232
- Parking near the CCUSD Administrative Offices is very limited (usually to 1 hour). The District parking lot is reserved for district employees.
- The Cardiff Parking structure (PDF Map Below) is nearby at 3846 Cardiff Ave, Culver City, CA. It is a three-minute walk to our Board Room. The first two hours are free; each additional hour is $1. We are located at 4034 Irving Place (behind the Arc Light Cinemas and to the left of the Fire Department on Culver Blvd.).
TALLERES DE PERMISOS
Talleres de Permiso Interdistritales, serán conducidas por Andrew Sotelo, Director de Apoyo Familiar y Servicios Escolares, cubrirá:
- Pasos para obtener un Permiso Interdistrital en el Condado de Los Ángeles
- Proceso de Apelación del Distrito de Residencia
- Proceso de Apelación del Distrito solicitado
- Proceso de Apelación de las Oficinas de Educación del Condado Los Ángeles
Talleres de permisos:
- viernes, 2 de febrero, 2018
- lunes, 26 de febrero, 2018
- jueves, 8 de marzo, 2018
- viernes, 13 de abril, 2018
- viernes, 27 de abril, 2018 – (Este taller en español de 9 a.m. a 11:00 a.m. es para los que han sido ofrecido una plaza en el Programa de Dos Idiomas en CCUSD.
- miércoles, 9 de mayo, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (Talleres de permisos y apelaciones)
- CCUSD Cuarto de La Junta Directiva, 4034 Irving Place, Culver City, CA 90232
- Estacionamiento es limitado cerca de las Oficinas Administrativas de CCUSD (usualmente una hora). El estacionamiento del Distrito está reservado para los empleados del distrito.
- La estructura de Estacionamiento Cardiff esta cerca en la 3846 Cardiff Ave, Culver City, CA.
- Es un paseo de tres minutes a nuestras Oficinas. Las primeras dos horas son gratis; cada hora adicional es un $1. Estamos localizados en 4034 Irving Place (de tras de ArcLight Cinemas y a la izquierda del Departamento de Bomberos en calle Culver Blvd.).