SEL Teacher Resources
|SEL for the beginning of the year|
|Examples of Warm Up/Inclusion/Human Time Prompts around Social and Emotional Learning|
- Like Me: Teacher says a statement and students put a zoom thumbs up for anything that they agree with.
- Which emoji describes your day, week . . .
- Picture of 4 different animals: Today I feel like ___, because______
- Flavor Profile: Which life savers represents how you are feeling (sugar free, hard candy, mints)
- Road to this week: 4 pictures which one do they connect with and why
- Hopes and Fears
- Elevator Pitch
- Glow and Grows: What are you glowing about? What is an area you want to grow in?
- 4 Statement Virtual 4 Corners.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt
- Poll Everywhere
Elementary SEL Resources --> (click on the arrow to see more)
- Epic! Books - Digital library for subscription purchase of $7.99/a month. Offering unlimited access to 35000 of the best children’s books.
- Julia Cook Books - A list of books, grades PK through 8th grade, by former school counselor Julia Cook, that promote social emotional learning at home.
Below are some examples of books that encourage Social and Emotional Learning. They can be purchased on Amazon or listened to on YouTube.
- Mind yeti - (English Videos) Youtube channel with a library of guided mindfulness sessions that help kids and their adults calm their minds, focus their attention, and connect to the world around them
- Mind yeti - (Spanish Videos)
- Calm app - mindfulness app/website with free options. Paid subscription for premium access.
- Smiling mind - free mindfulness app/website designed for children and the the whole family (age 7+)
- Mindful schools - free and live mindfulness class
- Yoga with Adrienne - For Kids
- Cosmic Yoga - Yoga and mindfulness for kids ages 3+
- Yoga for Kids - Free yoga videos
- Go Noodle - mindfulness, brain breaks, yoga, kindness, and more
- Mindfulness in Classrooms: Daily 5 Minute Practices to support SEL Learning
- Counselor Kirk ABCS of Mindful Moments
Middle School SEL Resources --> (click on the arrow to see more)
- CASC Mental Health Toolkit Virtual Lessons: Personal Plan for Self Care
- CASC Mental Health Toolkit Virtual Lesson: Breaking the Stigma
- Everfi Free Digital SEL and Digital Literacy Lessons
- Free Worksheet Activities for SEL
- Free Social Emotional Learning Activities
- Explore Social Emotional Learning
- Brainpop Health and SEL
- Managing Stress and Anxiety Google Slideshow
- 22 Gratitude Journal Prompts
- When Someone Dies of COVID-19 Video